Search This Blog

RECENT POSTS

4/7/09

Nutrition - Who's Got the Stuff

It's in the can. It comes in a bottle. Over ice or straight. Sometimes in the tube, a feeding tube. It's
food, with vitamins. Read the can. It's helpful to you and me, and you know you can drink it too.
They must of scouted the phrase for vegetable-tomato juice with a fair amount of investigative
advertising to sell it to the public. Yet, the parents don't seem to jump for a blend of twenty-five juices in a can
most of the time. I think it's the acid in the tomato flavor that doesn't seem to fly for them.
I tried a couple of different vitamin and protein ideas as smoothies:

  • Frozen fruit with water or juice and protein powder
  • Baby formula with blended fruit and ice
  • Liquid Orange Flavored Vitamins in water like orange juice
  • Vegemite
  • Knox gelatin with frozen fruit in the blender with water

It all turned out just fine, when I made them. My mom drank them out of pity for my bright idea, like a
kind person. Yet, she wouldn't make them herself. And, I asked her why she didn't make them herself. With
the effort, the lifting of the heavy glass blender top while managing to wash it in the sink presented another
problem.
I soon gave up and went back to buying her the can. In strawberry, vanilla or chocolate, as I went home
with all the other stuff I tried.
Who's got the stuff? Ya me, but one day she asked for some of it back in the summer months! Cool.

No comments: