Search This Blog

RECENT POSTS

8/17/09

Ah - The Master Calendar

What constitutes the Master Calendar? It’s just MD, classes and situations I that have to deal with… or in short - whatever someone else makes me do. It’s the blend of my life, and someone elses’ for this moment.
It’s a record that I did not sit on my butt all day, all week or all month. It’s my rational to realize, I didn’t put the last 5,000 miles on the car by nor for myself alone. And that it needs an oil change shortly, put that on the calendar.
The master calendar tells me that I am present, requested and validates my existence. It shall not make me money, but may rather – spend my money. It’s rarely my calendar of planning my time. More of fitting my time around someone else’s appointments and needs.
It’s the time and place of surrender. It’s where it’s not about me. It’s like a tithe, a gift, a point of service that I do, usually for another. And I wrote it on the calendar, so I am not allowed any hissy fits, bad moods or allowed to forget, either that I still have work to do after this, somehow, now that this days’ light is fading to a close.
It’s the only way to get anything done and completed peacefully, because if I didn’t surrender to the writing in the time slots, I would just scream. And nobody likes a whuss.

No comments: