Search This Blog

RECENT POSTS

2/9/11

Eye Glass Debate

After the longest time, and several over-the-counter reading glasses for the parent, I finally gave in and began the search. Not completely in the mood to spend the big bucks, such as $500 and more in addition to the eye exam, I shopped the cheap side of sight. The mom agreed that I was nothing but cheap. Then I remarked about her history of eight return visits to the prior optometrist to get the vision right. The former never did get it corrected to her satisfaction, and I heard about that expensive $800 adventure for years. Now, I settled for Sam's Club.

Although, the mom said she would be dead by April, that's two months away, she found a light pair of big, light weight frames that suited her taste. The tech that fitted her was patient and tolerant as he said to me that he "took care of his mom also".

Perfection, Sam's Club hired the right guy for the job. As the order time was fast for the price - eight days. Additionally, that I could bring her in, since I picked up the glasses first, myself for her to try out; up to two months. After two months she could return them and get new lenses, if she wished - ones without the lines for the very large bi-focal she really, really wanted. (Just in her 'I will be dead shortly time frame.)

Time will tell, but shopping around really paid off. Now she's knitting up a storm, and I have six other pairs of over-the-counter reading glasses to store or pass on. Hummm!

No comments: